Saturday, August 15, 2015

Prayer For Real

The Lord led me to CSM 5 years ago and it was in prayer that the Lord confirmed this guidance. Leading this organization, and being in ministry where the Lord is my provider, is my way of life.
I don’t know or care to try another way than to pray.

I love the verse in I Thessalonians 5:24 where it says; “ He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.” I just believe He will do it. I know that prayer is the base and foundation of this New CSM. For the last 2 years we have had a team of prayer warriors praying monthly at CSM for the vision, staff, and for God to move.

For the past 10 years I have participated in Church of the Highlands 21 days of prayer at the beginning of August and January. This time of reflection has served as a reminder of what He is doing and wants to do. Fasting and praying has been foundational to my life and ministry. Twice, I have fasted for 40 days, and words could never describe what He did to me during that time.

This fall my son Tate will finish his final semester of college at UNA. His final class and project is on Prayer. He started this summer filming and raising the support needed to do this project. It will be a documentary on prayer and the 4 characteristics in a prayer movement. I am so proud of Tate and his growth in the Lord and desiring to really change lives through this project. Watch the most recent video about the Prayer project and check back here to see the final result this winter.

Almost daily I am asked how we get the items we have at CSM or how we are able to do what we do. I always answer "pray." I believe this is foundational to CSM and my ministry here. I sometimes try to work in my own strength but to no avail. I know CSM is here to love, serve, and connect through the power of prayer. Please pray for us and we will pray for one another.