Friday, February 1, 2019

Welcome, Spring Interns!



Interns Jackson Core, Katie Thiebaud, and Tanner Thompson
We are thrilled to have these bright students working with us this Spring. Katie and Jackson started their internships last Fall and they quickly engaged themselves in the community and volunteer opportunities. Katie is learning how social work is so important in the church and in the communities we serve. Tanner jumped in quickly working with volunteer groups and tackling overall operations policies and procedures. Tanner is a Micah Fellow at Samford and hopefully we will be with us for 3 years. Jackson will be working closely with church partner, True Vine, as they explore the possibility of several business operations in the Inglenook community. We love the excitement, curiosity, and commitment these interns are bringing to working with the church and in under-served communities. 

Katie Thiebaud, Masters of Social Work

I am from Dallas, Texas and I am working on a Masters in Social Work at Samford University. During my time at Christian Service Mission, I hope to gain a closer look and better understanding of how a non-profit operates behind the scenes, as well as what all a social worker can incorporate within the non-profit community. I also hope to learn how policies and policy developments help or hinder non profits like Christian Service Mission and the communities they work with. Lastly, I hope to gain a better understanding of how to care for the specific clientele that Christian Service Mission works with. I have loved my time so far and I am looking forward to what all God has in store for this semester! 

Jackson Core, Finance

I am from Orlando, Florida and I am a senior at Samford University. I have a major in finance with a concentration in social entrepreneurship with a spanish minor. I am hoping to gain a deeper understanding of sustainable business solutions for non-profits. I am also hoping to learn about community development through the lens of a Biblical worldview.

Tanner Thompson, Business Administration

I’m from Spanish Fort Alabama and am currently enrolled at Samford University. Presently, I am studying business management and I hope to work in the non-profit sector once I graduate. While at Christian Service Mission, I hope to learn more about how a successful Christ-centered organization is operated. In addition, I am excited to see how Christ continues to work through Christian Service Mission in order to further the Kingdom of God and parter with others to fulfill both physical and spiritual needs.