Friday, April 22, 2016

A Note From Tracy Hipps: Working on Our Core

Recently I was at a men's ministry event and the  speaker, Steve Farrar, said something about having your core verses... those verses God has put in you to keep your spirit in shape and focused on Him. I immediately though of Ephesians 2:10, “We are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” In my daily walk, it seem that this verse is how I see my walk. I am “God’s masterpiece” because I am made in His image, and He loves me. I struggled for years believing this, but today I walk in this. “Created in Christ Jesus”... He made me, I am a part of his handiwork and He made nothing by accident. “To do good work”... I know I am to do the work of God here on Earth and to work hard to please my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. “Which God prepared beforehand”... I have a work that God has set out for me to do and a person He desires for me to be. The opportunity to spend each day in His Word and be directed by God in the work of the gospel here in this city and in my sphere of influence is amazing. “That we should walk in them”... is the daily purposeful walk of Christ in my life, as I walk this daily journey. This core verse has guided me daily for the last 10 years in this part of my journey.

Another core verse for this part of the journey has been I Thessalonians 5:24, “He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it. ” I believe the Lord lead me to CSM, and He will do the work He has preordained for me to do and walk before me to guide me in the path of righteousness. I have been at CSM for 6 years and God has guided and continues to guide us in this path of gospel transformation.

The verse that set all this in place is Luke 9:23, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself, take up his cross and follow me.” I was sitting in Westtown Baptist church in 1987 listening to Pastor Luis Scott preaching. As he read this verse, I heard nothing else but the Lord speaking to my heart about this. I realized I had to make a choice, even though I was already in ministry, He was not finished with me. Today, that verse still is a core verse for me all along this journey. I remember it like it was yesterday, and yesterday that verse was read again in church. This core verse has stood the test of time in my life and direction of my path. It continues to speak to me as I am guided on this prepared journey laid out for me and now CSM. I hold on to His Word today to guide us here at CSM in the way we have been designed for this season and this city. The health transformation of a community takes time, but can only be done with the renewing of our hearts and minds after Christ.  Will you join us in this work in seeing the gospel change lives here and as it will be in heaven.